Varagu (Kodo Millet)
Benefits and Nutrients in Varagu:
- Regular intake of this millet reduces blood sugar level and increases insulin level. Hence it is beneficial for diabetes patients.
- This millet is rich in fiber content and has very little fat which prevents weight gain and promotes weight loss.
- It makes us feel fuller which therefore avoids overeating, thereby controls obesity and helps to lose weight.
- Foods such as Kodo millet are a rich source of antioxidants that can help in reducing free radicals.
- In ancient days, people use varagu rice as medicine for obesity, blood-related problems, skin problems, and diarrhea.
- Above all, this millet also contains a considerable amount of calcium, magnesium, sodium, and proteins.